𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐖𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐲𝐚!
𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞: 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝐬𝐭, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑
𝐕𝐞𝐧𝐮𝐞: 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐲𝐚
Internationalization has become a key component in the changing landscape of higher education as a means to increase the global engagement for staff, students, and faculty of higher education institutions.
To bring this to the common agenda, the International Relations Office, University of Peradeniya came up with the concept of International Week 2023.
The main objective of this week is to increase international relations with foreign countries, expose university students to the international work environment, and promote the International Relations Office in the global context.
𝐖𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐦. 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬!
If you have any questions or require additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
𝐉𝐨𝐢𝐧 𝐔𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐲𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐮𝐦 𝐨𝐧 𝐏𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐧 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐜𝐬!
Dates: November 29, 2023
Mode: 𝐇𝐲𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝 (𝐈𝐧-𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 & 𝐕𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐀𝐯𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞
Register Now: https://forms.gle/Dm5XCCmFofthXecy8
Dive into the world of pathogen genomics at our upcoming symposium! Whether you're a researcher, student, or enthusiast in the field, this event is your gateway to the latest advancements and discussions in pathogen genomics.
Explore cutting-edge research, engage with leading experts, and network with peers from across the globe. Our hybrid mode ensures you can participate in-person or virtually, ensuring accessibility for everyone passionate about exploring the secrets of pathogens through genomics.
𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐠𝐥𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐲𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐮𝐦 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞!
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hidden Treasures: Art Exhibition
Dates: 27th November - 01st December, 2023
Venue: Art Gallery, New Library Building (Ground Floor)
Time: 27th Nov - 11.30am - 4.30pm
Time: 28th Nov - 01st of Dec. - 8.30am - 4.00pm
For more information contact the Main Library.
[At the] Limits of Life - An Interdisciplinary Summer Academy at Heidelberg University
Dates: Sunday, 10 September, to Friday, 15 September 2023
The Marsilius-Kolleg of Heidelberg University, the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) and the Max Planck Institute for Medical Research (MPImR) are excited to announce their upcoming Marsilius Academy, a week-long program, which will be held in Heidelberg, Germany.
[At the] Limits of Life: Dealing with Biofacts, Embryoids and Hybrids – Perspectives from Sciences and Humanities, the Academy aims to bring together an international group of excellent PhD students and early Post-docs from different fields of study to discuss societal, judicial and ethical challenges arising from recent breakthroughs in biology, biomedicine, and bioengineering. Its workshops, masterclasses and further sessions are led by renowned expert researchers and will provide a unique opportunity for participating students to engage in interdisciplinary exchange and collaboration.
Brochure IMMCMSS: Click here
If you have any questions or require additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Dates: 21, 22 and 23 October 2023
The IMM is organizing two international research conferences at the Western Sydney University Parramatta City Campus, NSW, Australia.
These events are hybrid, hence participants can join either in-person or online.
The conference websites are as follows:
- IMMCMBS - Institute of Mathematics and Management Conference in Mathematical & Biological Sciences with Workshop in Data Analytics (IMMCMBS)
- IMMCMSS - Institute of Mathematics and Management Conference in Management & Social Sciences with Workshop in Data Analytics (IMMCMSS)
- Brochure IMMCMSS: Click here
- Brochure IMMCMBS: Click here
Les Monsieur Monsieur
The Embassy of Switzerland to Sri Lanka and the Maldives together with the International Organization of la francophonie celebrates Francophonie 2023, featuring "Les Monsieur Monsieur", the famed duo Laurent BRUNETTI and Mario PACCHIOLI from Switzerland.
- Garden Nuga, Sri Lanka Foundation Institute (SLFI), Colombo - Friday, 24th March, 2023 at 07.00pm onwards.
- Kailasapathy Auditorium, University of Jaffna - Sunday, 26th March, 2023 at 07.00pm.
- Engineering Faculty Auditorium (E. O. E. Pereira Theatre) - Tuesday, 28th March, 2023 at 06.00pm.
Note: The event is free and open to everyone on a first-come, first-served basis. Please arrive early to ensure you have a seat, as the auditorium has a limited capacity, and we expect a high turnout for this event.
Find the location of the auditorium on Google Maps here.
To register for the final event, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/FQeSpftdZWfoouTZ8
Call for Extended Abstracts - R4TLI 2023 - 8th International Conference on Research for Transport and Logistics Industry
The details of submitting paper are given below.
For more details https://slstl.lk/r4tli-2023/
- April 30, 2023: Extended Abstract Submission Deadline
- June 30, 2023: Acceptance Notification of the Extended Abstract
- July 15, 2023: Deadline for the Submission of the Revised Extended Abstract (Only for abstracts required major revision)
- July 31, 2023: Submission of the Camera-ready Version of the Extended Abstract
- August 7, 2023: Registration Deadline for Presenting Authors and Submission of the Presentations / Recorded versions
- August 26, 2023: Conference
International Conference on Emerging Vistas in English Language and Literature
On March 30th and 31st
Organised by the Department of English, Faculty of Arts, Science, Commerce and Management, Karpagam Academy of Higher Education, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India.
Register here: Click
Education Expo 2023 - University of Peradeniya
Join us for an exciting educational event at the University of Peradeniya! The Education Expo 2023 will be held in collaboration with the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan and the Postgraduate Institute of Science (PGIS).
Register here: https://forms.gle/uxH3MYtiZvSvR8o5A
Conference Collaboration with KAHE
About the Department:
The Department of English, KAHE, is honoured to maintain the tradition notable for the insight it sparkles on the embryonic contours of English studies. The Department maintains its commitment to quality teaching and research in English studies by encouraging critical and analytical diversity, including interdisciplinary research. The Department of English has always embraced developments at the cutting edge of contemporary humanities while proudly preserving the discipline's traditional strengths through its wide-ranging and eclectic syllabi and curricula across postgraduate and research programmes of study in English Language Teaching (ELT) and literary and advanced language studies.
In the realm of English language skills, the Department offers instruction in courses on English and hands-on training in teaching English to its Postgraduate students. The Department also provides advanced English skills to all students and the KAHE fraternity through its extensive General English curriculum. It is also on the cutting edge of advancing online education/e-learning by making education accessible, comprehensive, and dynamic for everybody. In addition to the pursuit of the academic study of the English language and its diverse literary traditions around the world, the Department's general commitment to fostering critical thinking and communication skills, among other employable life skills, goes a long way toward empowering its students with multifaceted future careers in the global workforce.
In regards to English Conference:
It gives me great pleasure to inform you that Karpagam Academy of Higher Education intends to host a global English language and literature conference on March 30th and 31st 2023.
Invitation - Exhibition Launch - Bioclimatic Architecture in Tropical Climates, 1st March 2023 in Kandy
Are you interested in Architecture? We are too. Now, are you interested in Bioclimatic Architectures?
Well, did you know that in 2022, Alliance Française de Kandy has set up a crazy project with the University of Moratuwa and Reunion island ENSAM Architecture School, precisely focusing on Bioclimatic Architecture?
This project is called Archi’Chaud.
As part of this project, 70 Masters Students in Architecture have been thinking, brainstorming and designing AFK’s New Dream Site & Premises for 2024!
Please come and discover the Plans & Models and interact with the Students and their teachers, on:
- Wednesday, 1st March 2023 at Alliance Française de Kandy, 640/2 Peradeniya Rd
- 3:00 pm: Guided Tour of the Exhibition
- 4:00 pm: Roundtable with the Experts & Guest speakers from the World French Alliances Network, including Fondation AF in Paris, AF Ziguinchor (Sénégal), AF Barranquilla (Colombia), AF Madagascar and of course the AF network in Sri Lanka!
- Please RSVP before Friday February 24th and let us know you are joining!
Nb: This event will take place Onsite and Online simultaneously.
If unable to join us on site, please join us via Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9349494951
Invitation: IIT Madras’ Programs for International Students - Join us online at 4 pm on 15 Feb 2023!
We are hosting a Virtual Event exclusively for Sri Lankan Students and we believe this would be a wonderful opportunity for the undergraduate and postgraduate students from your esteemed university to learn more about the various international programs offered by IIT Madras.
The virtual event, "Introducing IIT Madras' Programs for International Students", will take place on February 15, 2023, from 4:00 pm.
- 15th February 2023 at 4.00 pm (SL Time)
- Register in advance at: https://bit.ly/3RMjAzd
Invitation to "Publish with STAIR" Online Event
Online information session held on Tuesday, the 14th of February
St Antony’s International Review (STAIR) is Oxford's sole peer-reviewed International Affairs Journal. STAIR was established in 2005 by a team of ambitious postgraduate students based in St Antony's College, University of Oxford. Ever since, STAIR has carved out a distinctive niche as a cross-disciplinary outlet for research on the most pressing contemporary global issues, providing a forum in which emerging scholars can publish their work alongside established academics and policymakers.
STAIR is currently accepting abstract submissions for its issues 17.2 and 18.1. The themes for Issues 17.2 and 18.1 are ‘The Future of Ukraine in Europe’ and ‘Global Britain’ respectively. STAIR recognizes that diversity in international voices and perspectives is vital for the expansion and continuity of the journal, which is why we are now venturing outside a domain that may have hitherto been Anglo/Eurocentric in its outlook. The relevant calls can be found on https://www.stairjournal.com/call-for-papers.
We will be covering more information on STAIR and its publishing opportunities during our “Publish with STAIR” online information session held on Tuesday, the 14th of February (please check the attached flyer for your relevant time zone).
- You may reserve a spot by signing up on: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/publish-with-stair-tickets-535323074727
- For more information on STAIR, please visit: Click
- follow our social media pages on: Click | Click
Fulbright Stories - February 2, 2023 Local and Global Reach of Sri Lankan Biotechnological Research
Please Join Us for the First Fulbright Stories of 2023!
- 02nd February 2023 at 4.00 pm - 5.00 pm (SL Time)
- Register in advance at: Click here!
Invitation to the International Staff Week at Vytautas Magnus University, Lithuania
Nomination deadline – 15th of January
VMU International Cooperation Department is organising International Staff Week on 24th – 28th of April, 2023
During this week we will organize two different programmes: International Staff Teaching programme and International Staff Training programme. Please, see the programmes attached below.
Since you have Erasmus+ grant/s for Erasmus+ teaching OR training visit/s at VMU, we would like to invite you to nominate your staff member/s who would participate in our events. Please note that language of the event is English.
Master of Science in Energy for Circular Economy Degree Programme
Application calling period from 14.12.2022 to 22.01.2023
- Master of Science in Energy for Circular Economy is a fully online postgraduate programme offered jointly by The Open University of Sri Lanka, University of Moratuwa, University of Peradeniya, and University of Ruhuna. The programme has been developed as a part of Europe - Sri Lanka Capacity Building in Energy Circular Economy (“EUSL-Energy”) project involving four partner universities in Sri Lanka and in collaboration with three European HEIs (Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden; Centrale Supelec, France; and University of Twente, Netherlands).
- The EUSL-Energy project was supported by the Erasmus+ framework of the European Commission. The main objective of the EUSL- Energy project is to establish a fully integrated collaboration between the partner universities in Sri Lanka and the European universities to create a new master’s programme which gives the graduates the knowledge, skills, creativity, competence, and business- perspective to solve the future energy-related challenges in the country in an environmentally and financially sustainable manner. The joint MSc programme in Energy for Circular Economy therefore intends to contribute to the capacity building of the energy sector in Sri Lanka.
- Information Flyer
𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐖𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐂𝐀𝐒
- With students recruited from home and abroad, the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) is a university appealing to global talent. International Students Admission Promotion Week is one of the major events in admission season of UCAS. This event is held once a year and lasts for one week. UCAS is going to hold a series of virtual meetings at Zoom from 15th to 22nd December, 2022. Participates will have a better understanding of UCAS, get professional application guide and necessary research advice. Please spread it around for the young talents who plan to study in the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- For more details please check the enclosed brochures and website
- Information brochure
For European countries, Asian countries, African countries and Thailand, there are different Zoom meetings, details please check the attached flyer.
Information Session on ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents for Masters and Ph.D Studentship
- "Information Session on ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents for Masters and Ph.D. Studentship" will be conducted on 19th December 2022 from 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm at the JRDC Auditorium in collaboration with the China-Sri Lanka Research and Demonstration Center for Water Technology (JRDC), University of Peradeniya and Chinese Academy of Science (CAS)
- Organized by: JRDC in collaboration with the International Relations Office (InRO), University of Peradeniya
DATES: December, 19, 2022
VENUE: JRDC Auditorium
Time: 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm
Registration Link: Click here!
International Scientific-Practical Conference “Bioethics and Global Challenges of Medicine of the XXI Century”
- Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education Kursk State Medical University of the Ministry of Health Care of Russia, Department of Philosophy, Kursk, Russia.
- International Medical Institute, Kursk, Russia
DATES: December, 14, 2022
VENUE: Kursk State Medical University, hybrid format
CONFERENCE LANGUAGES: English, Russian
International Week 2022 - University of Peradeniya
Internationalization has become a key component in the changing landscape of higher education as a means to increase the global engagement for staff, students, and faculty of higher education institutions.
Sri Lanka too must re-position its international profile in its higher education system to enhance its global visibility to emerge as a key hub for knowledge and learning in the world.
In order to bring this to the common agenda, the International Relations Office, University of Peradeniya come up with the concept of International Week 2022.
The International Relations Office of the University of Peradeniya is planning to conduct the International Week- 2022 of the University of Peradeniya at the end of November 2022.
It was put into motion with the purpose of increasing international relations with foreign countries, exposing UoP students to an international work environment, and promoting International Relations Office in the global context.
Proposed dates – 21st – 25th November 2022 (Hybrid program)
The planned activities for the International Week are as follows.
- 21st November: Inauguration Ceremony
- 22nd November: Web session on International Funding Opportunities
- 23rd November: Joint Programme on Environment Sustainability
- 24th November: International Education Fair (For Masters and Ph.D. opportunities)
- 25th November: Cultural show and the Web sessions for the Existing International Mobility Programmes at University of Peradeniya
- 21st -25th November: Film Festival
7 – 8 – 10 November 2022: Worldwide webinar on the global opportunities under Erasmus+
The European Commission and the European Education and Culture Executive Agency are organising a worldwide webinar on the opportunities available under the Erasmus+ programme and its global dimension.
These sessions are aimed at potential applicants, with a particular focus on stakeholders from ‘your’ countries.
This link provides some initial news, which will be upgraded. This page will also be the place to go on the day to enter the webstream. : Click
Please feel free to share this news with the stakeholders in your country. They can save the dates of the sessions that interest them.
All time is Brussels time. We are repeating the morning sessions are repeated in the afternoon to cater for different time zones worldwide.
Each session will be a presentation of the action, followed by a Q&A session using a Slido chat facility.
𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐓𝐞𝐫𝐦 𝐂𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐉𝐀𝐏𝐀𝐍'𝐒 𝐌𝐎𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐙𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐
Japan is the first country that has modernized from a non-Western background to establish a free, democratic, prosperous, and peace-loving nation based on the rule of law, without losing much of its tradition and identity. The course will capture some highlights of Japan's Modernization process.
The event will be held as follows:
Course Start: November 2022
Registration link : https://forms.gle/KMAau4i5bnQodWCaA
𝐖𝐞𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐫 𝐨𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐎𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐔𝐊 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐞
International Relations Office in collaboration with the British High Commission, Colombo conducts a Webinar on Higher Studies Opportunities under Chevening Scholarship Programme in order to discuss opportunities under Chevening Scholarship Programme for young students who are seeking higher study opportunities in the United Kingdom.
The event will be held as follows:
Date: 21st September 2022
𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞: 9.00 𝐚.𝐦. – 10.00 𝐚.𝐦.
Registration link : Click here!
DAAD Infomation Session Funding in Germany - 𝐀𝐮𝐠𝟐𝟒
With reference to upcoming DAAD Scholarships (Fully funded grants in Germany), we have organized a special web session focusing on Sri Lankan students!
The session is focused on Masters and PhD aspirants.
Date : August 24, 2022
Time : 16:00 – 17:00 Hours (SL Standard time)
Registration : Click here!
More information on DAAD funding:www.daad-sri-lanka.org/scholarship
International programs in German: www.daad.de/idp
More information on DAAD events: www.daad-sri-lanka.org/event
The event is organized by DAAD German Academic Exchange Service) Information point in Colombo together with the Regional office in New Delhi.
Invitation to TTI Keynote Lecture in Online Summer Seminar
This is an invitation to Toyota Technological Institute (TTI)’s keynote lecture in Online Summer Seminar.
Dr. Hiroyuki Sakaki, President Emeritus of TTI, will be delivering a keynote talk in our annual International Summer Seminar.
Date/time: 1:00 - 1:45 pm (JST), Tuesday, August 23
Talk Title: "Joy of self-learning and dialogue as a fuel to activate our spirit of research and creativity”
Meeting Topic: TTI Summer Seminar 2022 - Aug. 23
To join the meeting: Click here!
Meeting ID: 814 0211 1954
The intended audience is a group of students from TTI’s partner universities who participate in the Seminar. However, the talk is also open to any interested member of the partner universities, and it would be appreciated if you could share this information with your community.
Toyota Technological Institute (TTI) Summer Seminar 2022 - Online
Deadline extended till end of the June - for available lectures, please see the info in red in the attached document
We are pleased to inform you that the Toyota Technological Institute (TTI) Summer Seminar 2022 will be held online in coming August, as shown in the attachment.
The purpose of this seminar is to strengthen the relationships with TTI’s valued partner universities, as well as introducing our research activities to those who may be interested. It is our special pleasure to extend a cordial invitation to your esteemed university.
The seminar is comprised mainly of engineering lectures/laboratory introductions, and we hope many of your students could join us online.
It would be much appreciated if you could share this information with your students, and inform us of the applicants, by sending their application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org by electronic attachment by Wednesday, May 18, 2022.
If you have any inquiries at all, please feel free to contact Yuko Koyama, International Relations Group at email@example.com
Application Form_TTI Online Summer Seminar 2022 Click here!
Flier_TTI Online Summer Seminar 2022 Click here!
List of Engineering Lectures Click here!
please see the info in red in the attached document Click here!
2023 Fulbright Scholar Awards – Informational Session
Application Deadline : October. 1 .2022
Register to Receive Session Log-in Information : Click here!
XVII International Eurasian Symposium "Woodworking: technologies, equipment, management of the 21st century" - Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education "Ural State Forest Engineering University"
Deadline: Applications are accepted until 31 May 2022 (inclusive)
The working language of the symposium is Russian, English.
There is no registration fee.
The materials of the symposium are published in a collection with subsequent placement in the electronic library e-library and indexing in the scientometric database of the RSCI.
Topics of the conference sections:
- New technological solutions in the harvesting, processing and finishing of wood
- Woodworking in low-rise and industrial housing construction
- Progressive woodworking equipment and tools
- Wood composite materials
- Efficiency and competitiveness of forest complex enterprises
- Problems of safety and ecology in wood processing
- Problems of vocational education and engineering in woodworking The following industries will be considered:
- Harvesting, cross-cutting, sorting, warehousing, debarking and protection of wood raw materials
- Sawmilling, sorting, drying and protection of lumber, complex use of hardwood and low-grade wood and waste disposal
- Production of joinery and construction products: window, door blocks, profile parts, parquet
- Furniture production, materials and accessories; glues, varnishes, paints
- Production and transportation of technological chips, chemical processing of vegetable raw materials
- Production of wood composite and board materials: chipboard, plywood, fiberboard, MDF, wood plastics and composites.
- Modern wooden housing construction: design and technology
- Production of consumer goods from wood: skis, matches, pencils, musical instruments, toys, household equipment, handicrafts.
In order to develop scientific and technical exchange with Russian and foreign partners, to promote scientific achievements within the framework of the annually planned Euro-Asian timber industry forum together with industry exhibitions, and on behalf of the Ural State Forestry University, let me invite you and your colleagues to the XVII International Eurasian Symposium «Woodworking: technologies, equipment, management of the XXI century» within the framework of the Eurasian Forest Industry Forum and the Week of Specialized Exhibitions GRAND EXPO-URAL: LESPROM-URAL, EXPOFURNITURE-URAL, AQUAPROM-URAL, DISPOSAL, which will be held on September 13-16, 2022 in Yekaterinburg.
Detailed information in the attached file.
Please note: Participants must submit a registration form! Applications for participation in the conference, materials for publication are accepted until May 31, 2022 (inclusive).
For your attention for the previous event use the link: Click here!
SPARK - Summer Internship Program at IIT Roorkee, India
IIT Roorkee invites applications for institute-funded SPARK fellowships for summer internships. The SPARK program is specifically designed to attract and nurture the brightest undergraduate students from all over the World. Selected interns will get an opportunity to perform cutting edge research with faculty members having expertise in diversified research areas. The internship is typically for 8 weeks during June-July and a weekly stipend of INR 2,500 is given to all institute-funded interns. In addition, a domestic travel support will also be provided. Accommodation will be provided at IIT Roorkee on payment basis. The fellowship amount will be sufficient to take care of stay and meals at IITR.
This is the fourth edition of this program that was launched in 2018. The program has been well received as reflected by a large number of applications (10,000+ last year) and feedback from interns.
The detailed guidelines are available on the program website https://spark.iitr.ac.in/, where the interested students can apply online.
Application Deadline: OPEN for the University of Peradeniya
For any query, feel free to reach Dr. Debrupa Lahiri (Coordinator, SPARK program, IIT Roorkee) through mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would appreciate if you could circulate this call among your students with IITR brochure. We the International Relations Office of IIT Roorkee can be approached through Dr. Shantanu Wahal
Fact_Sheet_IIT_Roorkee Click here!
IITR @UoPeradeniya Click here!
IITR_Brochure_2022 Click here!
ProgramsIITR Click here!
Imperial Climate and Energy Early Academic Fellowship for South Asian Women
The Imperial is pleased to announce the Imperial Climate and Energy Early Academic Fellowship as part of the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM for the 2021/22 academic year. I was hoping that you may be able to share with some of your soon to graduate or recently graduated (within last 3 years) PhD students who might be interested.
The Early Academic Fellowship will support a recent PhD graduate (last 3 years) from South Asia (Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan or Sri Lanka) to undertake a visiting research placement for 6 to 12 months at Imperial in one of the following departments/institutes:
- Deadline: 29th April 2022
- Centre for Environmental Policy: Click here!
- Department of Earth Science and Engineering: Click here!
- Energy Futures Lab: Click here!
- Grantham Institute - Climate Change and the Environment: Click here!
Each department/institute will host one Early Academic Fellow in the 2022/23 academic year. Fellows will have a supervisor/mentor in the department/institute as well as access to Imperial’s academic and professional support provided to all early career academics.
Placements can be 6 to 12 months and can begin from 1st September 2022, in agreement with the host department/institute.
The Fellowship will provide:
- A monthly stipend of £2,167
- IELTS exams fees
- Return economy class travel
- Research related expenses
- Visa, insurance and NHS surcharge
For those with dependents, additional funding will be available.
For full details, please see: Click
Please submit your application here
𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐩 𝐨𝐧 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠
Integrate Challenge Driven Learning in your education in few simple steps-Get your students collaborate in projects aimed at solving an authentic problem.
- 24th February 2022 at 4.30 pm - 7.00 pm (SL Time)
- Find the Zoom link below: Click here!
- Meeting ID: 663 3307 3911
- Passcode: Cdlwks@24
𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 EUSL- Energy Project
𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 International Relations Office, University of Peradeniya.
𝟕𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐀𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐁𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐉𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐫𝐢 𝐋𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐚 (𝟏𝟗𝟓𝟐 - 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐)
- 25th February 2022 at 9.45 am - 12.40 pm (SL Time)
- Find the Zoom link below: Click here!
- Meeting ID: 853 9794 9240
- Passcode: 090749
Organized by: Sri Lanka Japan Study Center of University of Peradeniya (SLJSC) in collaboration with International Relations Office (InRO) of University of Peradeniya, Association of Sri Lanka Academics in Japan (SLAc) and Japan International Coorporation Agency (JICA).
2023 Fulbright Awards - Informational Session
Presented by the Staff of the US-SLFC
- 11th February 2022 at 5.00 pm - 6.00 pm (SL Time)
- Register in advance at: Click here!
Seminar on Artificial Intelligence Education for Senior Officials
Organizer: Academy for International Business officials, Ministry of Commerce, P.R. China
- Date: 18th February 2022 to 03rd March 2022
- More information: Click here!
Tokyo University of Agriculture 130th Anniversary Symposium
Tokyo NODAI as the Center of Excellence for Research and Education on Food, Agriculture and Environment in Africa
Tokyo University of Agriculture (Tokyo NODAI, Japan) is delighted to invite you to a symposium we will hold on the occasion of the celebration of its 130th anniversary.
The symposium, with the theme “Tokyo NODAI as the Center of Excellence for Research and Education on Food, Agriculture and Environment in Africa”, aims at promoting education and research collaboration between our university and those in Africa.
It will be our great pleasure to count among the participants to this event faculty and administrative members, as well as students, from your excellent institution. The event is organized as a webinar.
The program and panelist abstracts are included in the attached file.
Kindly note that participation to this webinar is subjected to a pre-registration.
𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨 (𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐏𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐜 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐲) 𝐈𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐒𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
Harris School of Public Policy, University of Chicago is hosting an exclusive information session at the University of Peradeniya, Sri Lank on January 24, 2022 from 9 AM - 10 AM IST. There will be a presentation for around 30 minutes followed by Q &A.
The virtual session is open for students from all specializations as it is imperative that people having different perspectives come together to solve the complex problems of the world. In the Session, you will learn more about pursuing PhD, Masters and Credential Programs in Data Analytics and Public Policy at Harris.
Our master's programs are STEM eligible. All participants who register and attend the event are eligible for the $100 Master's application fee waiver.
The Session will be led by Sakshi Parihar, who focuses on global programming and international policy partnerships for the Harris School of Public Policy, University of Chicago.
- 24th January 2022 from 9 AM - 10 AM IST
- Registration link below: Click here!
The University of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy
Next deadline to apply to the UniversityWe of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy is January 20, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. Central Standard Time (UTC-6).
When you attend any of the events below, we will waive your fee for starting your application.
Please note: All events take place in Central Standard Time (UTC-6)
If you have not yet started your application, visit our website to begin your application today.
- Student Panel with Harris Student Organizations: MIPPS, BAPPS, and ALAS Tuesday, January 18, 12:30–1:30 p.m. Join Harris Student Organizations Minorities in Public Policy Studies, Black Action in Public Policy Studies, and the Association of Latinx Students for Social Justice to learn more about their groups, mission, community, and how to get involved. Register for Student Panel with Harris Student Organizations MIPPS, BAPPS, and ALAS
- Ask Admissions: Round 2 Deadline Wednesday, January 19, 9–10 a.m. Drop into this session and get your questions answered by the admissions team before you submit for the Round 2 deadline. Register for Ask Admissions: Round 2 Deadline
- The Value of a Harris Degree for New Graduates and Undergraduate Seniors: Alumni Panel Tuesday, January 25, 4–5 p.m. Join a panel of alumni who applied to Harris as recent graduates or undergraduate seniors to learn about the value of a Harris degree. Panelists include Tyler Barron, MPP'18, Policy Advocate, Environmental Law and Policy Center; Jennifer Boughton, MSEP'19, Analytics Engineer, Angaza; Haley Klosky, MPP'19, Data Analyst, US Government Accountability Office; and Janiel Santos, MPP'21, Research Analyst, Institute for Higher Education Policy. Register for The Value of a Harris Degree for New Graduates and Undergraduate Seniors: Alumni Panel
Credential Program Events
Harris offers a wide range of part-time, non-degree programs designed to develop applied critical skills in data analytics, writing, and more!
- Ask Admissions: Persuasive Writing Credential Tuesday, January 18, noon–12:30 p.m. Register for Ask Admissions: Persuasive Writing Credential
- Data & Policy Summer Scholar (DPSS) Roundtable with Austin Wright Thursday, January 20, 8–8:45 a.m. Register for Data & Policy Summer Scholar (DPSS) Roundtable with Austin Wright
- Persuasive Writing Credential Information Session Thursday, January 27, 8:30–9 a.m. Register for Persuasive Writing Credential Information Session
INVITATION : International Conference on Neoteric Tendencies in World Economy, Education and Employment- ICVSE 2022
Publication opportunities: The submitted papers would be considered for publication in peer-reviewed, refereed journals with high impact factor. (SCOPUS indexed, ADBC listed, UGC Care listed from Emerald, Taylor & Francis and many more) and edited books by with ISBN number.
Conference dates : 25.03.2022 & 26.03.2022
Time : 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
Mode of presentation : Hybrid
Due to overwhelming response from various universities and constant requests made by participants, we have extended the date of abstract submission to 15th January 2022. The Important dates are:
- Abstract submission - 15.01.2022
- Abstract acceptance - 20.01.2022
- Full paper submission - 31.01.2022
- Notification of Paper Acceptance- 5.02.2022
- Early bird registration - 10.02.2022
- Last date to register - 20.03.2022
For Registration, fill out the following form: Click here
Submit the abstract at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icvse2022
For full paper submission,paper should be submitted in word format on : https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icvse2022
Conference PDF : Read More